GRS | Capital & Provincial (UK)
In 1994, 7 years after qualifying at the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors as a Building Surveyor, Andrew set up Chisholm Nurser and Partners (CNP) with one additional shareholder. The company remained in the private control of Andrew and the other founding partner until its eventual sale to LandAmerica Financial Group in 2007.
At the point of sale in 2007 CNP was the largest commercial building and project consultancy in the UK with over 150 full time staff and 9 offices (2 in continental Europe).
Andrew has now established GRS | Capital & Provincial. For the last 3 years, he has provided specialist advice to a recovering debt, equity and occupier real estate market. The company is based in Central London and provides the following core services across the UK and continental Europe through a combination of directly employed full time employees and highly skilled and proven field professionals:
Construction and Development
- Construction project management
- Development and fund monitoring
- Construction cost management and advice
- Party walls
Pre-Acquisition Pre-Lending Due Diligence
- Property condition surveys
- Planned and preventative maintenance scheduling
- Environmental assessment services ( Phase 1 site audits and Phase 2 investigations)
- Strong proven people and team management experience-Managing Director with responsibility for 150 staff and 9 offices when at CNP.
- Hands on experience of the planning and delivery of major new build, refurbishment and fit out construction projects- managing the completion of £160 million of construction projects in one year by staff with over 260 years combined project experience.
- A sound technical understanding of the construction process from both the management and consultancy positions- overseeing the completion of property condition reports at the rate of 2 per day on over £1.95 billion worth of real estate investment in one year.
- Responsible for overall lead of consultant teams and development of key project strategies.
- Manages client brief and ‘challenges’ the design team to obtain cost effective and timely solutions.
- Technically confident allowing him to liaise and work with the project team in a proactive and progressive manor.
- Understands processes on a site and strategic level.